This is a special library corner for children where by library materials like books, dictionaries, toys are organizing in systematic order according to their characteristics to satisfy the users’ (children) needs and access information for children in early age. This area contains many children’s books, television, and children's playlists (toys). The various activities running by Children Corner are Reading stories/storytelling, Drawing and put colors, Word spelling, Quiz, Brain storming, Games, Cartoons, Singing learning song, Touching books etc.
The main aims of establishing children corner are as follow:
- Develop reading culture for children in early age
- To provide young children with access of books and toys in order to support their mental and social development
- To encourage love of book and reading habits for children within library.
Children Corner Programmes
Children Library corner conducts diferent program within and outside the Offices, among of them are:
(1)OUT-REACH PROGRAMThis is school program conducting by librarian in the school where by activities are done like as:
- Reading books stories
- Reading loudly
- Math – games
- tory telling
- rain storming
(2)FRIDAY PROGRAMThis is a program where by children visits library to do library activities with special children librarian at 3: 30pm – 5: 30pm every Friday. The main aim of this program is to develop ability of using library in lifelong learning.
(3) SOCIAL PROGRAMThis program includes children themselves, they come in library from age 0 to 4 years they must came with their parents in order to control them in some situation .Our aims in this program is to make sure children understand how to read, how to write , as well as to have ability of critical thinking and to have a habit of readings books .
THE SERVICES OFFERED BY CHILDREN CORNER
- Borrow books
- To be a member of library
- Free learning books
WANAFUNZI WA SHULE YA KAREEM ISLAMIC YA FUONI MAMBOSASA WAKIWA KWENYE UKUMBI WA WATOTO WA MAKTABA KUU.